Saturday 29 October 2016

The Custom Bronze Foundry

Update : January 2017. I guess I spoke too soon as I was by Venables and Clark Drive and saw the little building has a "For Lease" sign up now. It's also been repainted a rather dull shade of grey which you can see here. So who knows what's next for this funky little shop.

This colourful little building is tucked away on Clark Drive near Venables Street. So far the gentrification going on in East Vancouver hasn't caught up with this spot just yet as it hasn't been turned into a coffee shop, micro brewery, or more typically a marijuana dispensary. A city directory from 1950 lists the business as Clark Drive Handy Shop which dealt in machine parts. Hopefully the old place will stick around for at least a few more years.

2 comments:

  1. I like that it's still there. there's a similar one on Fraser St beside the former Handy Appliance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like that little shop on Fraser Street. I've never seen anyone coming or going from it. Too bad there's a big tree right in front!

      Delete